Delivering Caring And Constructive Solutions

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Mediation

Using Mediation To Resolve Family Law Issues

Mediation is a viable method of resolving a divorce and other family law disputes, such as child custody and support, out of court, with both parties present and participating.

Resolution can often be reached in one or two sessions. All in all, mediation is typically much less expensive than proceeding with open-ended negotiations or a divorce contested in court.

At Rehmke Andreve, PS, in Fircrest, we are experienced in using mediation effectively to reach sensible solutions to family law issues. Give us a call today at 253-642-4541 to discuss your particular situation.

Is Mediation The Right Approach For Your Situation?

You may have only a few issues to resolve and believe that you can do so with a legal professional acting as a neutral, objective third party. Rachel Rolfs can serve as mediator, meeting with you and your opposing party and your attorneys to assist with the resolution of your issue from division of property to dissolution of a domestic partnership.

If requested, any agreements reached can be completed on the required court forms, to make finalization with the court a smooth process.

Our firm is highly experienced in using alternative methods, as well as through traditional litigation, to resolve family law issues.

Mediation Fees

The fees are $300 per hour with the $600 nonrefundable deposit payable at the time of scheduling (that deposit covers the first two hours). The actual cost will be determined by the amount of time spent during the mediation (usually three to six hours), and the remaining amount will be due and payable at the end of the session.

Taking Action

For most family law actions in Washington, the court requires the parties to participate in a settlement conference (mediation) prior to going to trial. To learn more about how a lawyer from our office can be of assistance in your family law matter, please call our firm at 253-642-4541 or complete the online form to schedule a consultation.